...with a purchase from HSN (Home Shopping Network).
11 brand new embossing folders for my Cuttlebug. They looked so fun! I took them to The Room and started to crank each one out with a piece of solid blue card stock. Yes, they looked cool...but some seemed to beg for a little pizazz. My trusty box of backgrounds was nearby, so I pulled what I thought was a major wreck of a background (too much red and not very good blending of colors) and ran it through the star embossing folder.
I fell in love instantly!
But I wanted my stars to stand out a little more, so I grabbed for my Distress Inks. Walnut Stain is the one I decided on first. I used a felt Cut 'n Dray pad (I cut them in squares about 1.5 x 1.5 inches) to just skim the tops of the embossed stars. I added a little extra color around the edges. I wanted just a bit more definition, so I added some Black Soot Distress Ink just around the edges. I really loved how it turned out...I actually squealed when I finished with the background.
I loved the stars, and wanted to do something fun with the background. I added a fun star image from the Indie Art Cricut cartridge for embellishment. I used another piece of that same background paper to cut the star and then used the shadow feature to cut the black matted layer. I also had just received some great stamps for my birthday from my friend Bibi in Norway...from Cherry Pie Art Stamps (Thanks Bibi!!) and I just love how they do their words and phrases. The "believe" phrase seemed to fit perfectly.
I really love how the card turned out...those colors and the way it is aged around the edges are just yummy to me. It makes my muse say "aaahhhhh". :o)